Art Into Science A Conference on Defense – Code of Conduct
Art Into Science: A Conference on Defense was founded to enable infosec defenders to share and discuss methodologies in a systematic and consistent way advancing the field of security defense. This requires trustworthy behavior and honesty. Art Into Science is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks, workshops, parties, social media such as Twitter and other online media. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
What We Expect
- Be Kind.
- Be Respectful.
- Be helpful and help us all improve ourselves. We do this through honest and insightful discussion with our peers and partners. Attendees may not always agree on a topic and rational discourse is encouraged, with the expectation that discourse will be thoughtful and respectful.
- Be Ethical. Don’t intentionally mislead ACoD attendees or staff. The field of security is well known for breaking things, but the mission of ACoD is to come together to build a collaborative community of defenders. This requires trustworthy behavior and honesty.
- Honor the information privacy and confidentiality requests of others. Do not take photos of people without first receiving their permission.
- ACoD staff will actively enforce these standards, but won’t always see everything that occurs. We ask all attendees to take an active role in ensuring the quality and reputation of the ACoD event. If you see or experience something that you feel violates our guidelines please notify our operations team immediately either in person or by email to an ACoD staff email address as announced at the conference. Conference staff will be happy to help participants
contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
- Penetration testing or social engineering activity targeting attendees, speakers, staff, or the conference venue.
- Harassment, including offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, or technology choices; sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention.
If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.